5 Things You Didn’t Know About Whiskey (and Sacramento)
October 12th, 2015 | Comments (0)
Whiskey & Sacramento
1) The history of whiskey in Ireland dates to around the 12th century when Irish monks brought the practice of distilling spirits back to their homeland from travels abroad. The meaning of its name (Water of Life) hints to its cultural importance, and indeed it has been both the cause of and solution to many an Irishman’s problems.
2) There are currently twelve licensed distilleries throughout Ireland which produce some of the most respected and famous whiskey brands: Connemara, Michael Collins, Jamesons, Powers, Old Bushmills, Tullamore Dew among others – all of which are available at de Vere’s.
3) When the de Vere White family opened our pub we knew that in order for it to be a proper Irish establishment, we had to take our whiskey collection seriously. That’s why we pour whiskey from all over the world, including rare and allocated brands that are difficult to find elsewhere. In fact, de Vere’s has the largest selection of whiskey in the greater Sacramento area.
4) de Vere’s offers whiskey tastings through our vendors, where you can learn all about the individual distilling processes for the whiskeys we carry. We announce these on social media and through email to members of our Whiskey Society.
5) If you’re looking for the best place in Sacramento to bring a whiskey connoisseur, de Vere’s is the place.
We look forward to seeing you in the pub.