Baked Bree’s Nutty Irishman Cupcakes Recipe
March 26th, 2012 | Comments (0)
Are you familiar with the (once-) local cooking blog Baked Bree? We’re obsessed. Her recipes are delicious, the photography is mouthwatering, and she loves all things Irish! A couple weeks ago, she posted this recipe for Nutty Irishman Cupcakes–and we just had to share!
Click here for the full Baked Bree post. Thanks, Bree!
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 3/4 cup Frangelico
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Make the cake batter according to the box directions, but I substituted some of the water for Frangelico. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the Bailey’s, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes, and top with chocolate shavings.